It is always our aim to find projects that help the community but that also provide opportunities to personal and professional growth, beyond the growth that comes from being a volunteer in and of itself. Here are some benefits of joining and participating in the Corps:
- Studies reveal that people who volunteer are 42% happier than people that don’t. There is something personally rewarding about helping others that seems to help us almost as much.
- Volunteering puts you side-by-side with other working professionals in your field. This is the beginning of a great personal and professional network. You’ve heard the saying: “It’s not what you know, but who you know?” This is only partially true. But getting to know others, even co-volunteers may lead to other opportunities to enhance or expand your career.
- Volunteering builds character and increases self-esteem. Confidence is attractive; putting some good work under your belt releases the super hero in you. It reinforces discipline. We all know you have to go to work, but you don’t have to volunteer, so every time you follow through you ‘teach’ yourself to be reliable, considerate and disciplined.
- Volunteering is a great addition to any resume, particularly if you are a frequent and consistent volunteer. Employers love people with passion.
- Volunteering is fun; you get outside, you make a difference.
ANYONE can join the Volunteer Corps. You do not need to be an EMT and you are not required to have any certifications, medical or otherwise. All you need to do is join by filling out the membership form online and you will be added to our list. We use this list to notify our Volunteer Corps members of upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Joining is FREE, FUN, and FULFILLING!