Thank you for your interest in joining the EMT Utah Volunteer Corps! The willingness to volunteer is a special trait and we are happy to have you join our ranks. Please complete the form below to be added to the list of volunteers. We use this list to notify our Volunteer Corps members of upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Joining is FREE, FUN, and FULFILLING!
EMT Utah Volunteer Corps Participation Guidelines
Every successful and well-run organization has standards and guidelines. To ensure that the Community Organizations we support can rely on our promises, the following guidelines are strictly enforced.
- If you sign up, you show up. If you sign up for any event, big or small, you are expected to show up. Volunteers who do not show up without notifying us IN ADVANCE and for A GOOD REASON, will be dropped from the Corps for a period of one year. All earned hours will be forfeited. We are serious about keeping our word, which means we require you to keep yours.
- At some events (Stand-By Stations for sure) you will be required to wear your EMT Utah Volunteer Corps shirt, school shirt. Because you are wearing this shirt, you represent our good name, so you must at all times act in a professional, respectful and productive manner. For some events, street clothes are fine and sometimes you need to wear grubby clothes that can be discarded for some disaster drills. Be aware of the clothing requirement for each event.
- In every organization, there is a Chain of Command; by participating you agree to abide by this chain of command and to follow instructions and requests of your superiors at all events, meetings and activities.
- You should not expect any compensation for your contributions. Event organizers may provide a meal or some swag for volunteers, but this should never be expected. On very rare occasions, organizations kick back something to the Corps and if they do, we may offer a small stipend or gas reimbursement.
- Make sure you do not volunteer for any activity outside your scope. Keep all certifications current and submit new ones to the office as you obtain them.
- Keep a current email address and other contact information on file with the Corps. Update us with any changes in a timely manner.